Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Girls Get Away!

This summer I had dear friends whom I met in 1970....gives my age away.... come and stay with me a week for a getaway. Sister Galbraith was one of my first young women's leader after I joined the church and Cheryl became my best friend and the friendship will last forever. They are great women.

                                                          Sherron, Me and Cheryl
 We went up and down the coast of California;from Monterrey to Los Angeles. This is at Pacific Heights where one can see thousands of Monarch butterflies in the spring.
             It wouldn't be a trip to Monterrey without eating on the pier at Bubba Gumps. JAred was a sport to come and drive on our Monterrey trip for the day. I drove to LA with a GPS...that saved me many times.


 I have never driven down the 17 mile drive in Pacific Heights where some of the oldest Cypress tress, seals , whales and mansions exist. It was truly spectacular!
                                                       This is a Cypress tree.

                             We went on bike rides and enjoyed the California summer days!
 The highlight of the trip was that Cheryl got tickets fro us to be on The Price is Right Show and then Let's Make a Deal down in Los Angeles. The most exciting thing happened .....Sherron was picked out of hundreds of hopefuls to be on the show and she actually won and went to the showcase. Unfortunately... she was 600 dollars off and did not take the showcase but it truly was a once in a lifetime experience.
                                         Getting ready to leave from our hotel.
                                                              Cheryl and I.
                                              Let's make a deal costumes!

No comments: