Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Another Miracle!!! We are a Blessed Family!!!

In March I was called and told by my mother that my dad's heart value needed to be replaced and that he would be going to U.V.A. where some of the top heart surgeons would attend to him. I took a week off work and stayed 9 days, most of them in the hospital from 7 am till 8 pm. My mother and I were able to spend lots of quality time with my dad. Many of you offered prayers in his behalf. I am happy to report that after thinking he may not make it through this surgery... they put in a cow valve... he is able to breathe without an oxygen machine, he is walking , and he is going on a cruise in July and has another one booked for October. There were several times we thought he may be returning to his heavenly home... but the good Lord has given him a great gift. We are all grateful. Love you Dad!!! My mother was such a trooper and so dedicated to my dad.

 My brother Paul, my sister Charlotte and her husband Mike spending an afternoon with dad. Charlotte had been there several days with him until I arrived. I am so grateful for all she does to help my parents.
 This was taken right after I arrived. My dad was happy to see me and I was happy to be with him!
 This is the bench we spent many hours on... I am glad to see that is over. This is Mom , Charlotte, and my sister Mary.
Another view of the room we lived in for many days. I know that Mom and Dad were happy to be home again. My dad had slept in a chair for 6 months because he was unable to breathe. I am again happy to report he is now sleeping in his bed!

No comments: